Skinny Chicken Alfredo
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk, or milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups whole grain penne pasta, cooked
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat the olive oil over a skillet and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper, and cook 5-8 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and sauté for one minute over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the garlic and slowly add in the chicken stock.
- Quickly stir to avoid lumps.
- Add in the skim milk, stir ,and allow to reach a boil to thicken sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is thickened, add in the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Remove from heat and add in the cooked penne, chicken, and parmesan. Stir to coat.
- Top with fresh parmesan.