Under the direction of the Tribal Chief and Tribal Council, the Tribal Clerk’s office is resolved to be responsive to the Tribal Membership with a high standard for administrative integrity.
Tribal Clerk’s Services available for Indian Island Residents only:
- Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicle Agent ; issuing re-registrations
- Vital Records Clerk – Issue copies of birth, marriage and death certificates
- Recreational vehicle agent (ATV’s, Boats and Snowmobiles)
- Elections – Tribal, State and Federal
- Registrar of Voters for Indian Island
- Record, prepare and maintain minutes of Tribal Council meetings, Public Hearings and General Meetings
- Dog licenses
- Tribal Clerk’s Services available for all members of the Penobscot Nation
- Tribal identification cards
- Tribal Verifications forms
Linda Socoby, Tribal Clerk
Rapid renewal is now available for residents of Indian Island, vehicles can now be renewed by using the link below. New vehicles must still be processed in the office.
Residents can use this link to register their boats and atvs.