Healing to Wellness Court
Home > Departments > Tribal Court > Healing to Wellness Court
Goals of Healing to Wellness Court
- Goal 1: Improve the outcomes for offenders diagnosed with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Goal 2: Develop and implement a holistic, comprehensive program model that is specific to the treatment needs of each program participant regardless of the number or type of underlying or co-occurring issues.
- Goal 3: Reduce recidivism of criminal behavior among Healing to Wellness Court participants.
- Goal 4: Engage the community at-large in the healing-to-wellness process through education and awareness of the benefits of utilizing the approach of a Wellness Court.
Who Is Eligible
Individuals who wish to become participants in Healing to Wellness Court must meet the following eligibility critera:
- Must be an enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Tribe;
- Must be non-violent without signs of abuse towards others, as well as lack of violent felonies such as aggravated assult, or armed robbery;
- Willing and able to consent to enter Wellness Court;
- Clinically assesed as a substance abuser and/or diagnosed with potential co-occurring mental health issues;
- Be physically, emotionally, and mentally capable of participating in Wellness Court activities and programs.
Staff / Contact
Brianna Tipping, Case Manager