CAUCUS MEETING MINUTES
October 25, 2022
A Caucus meeting was held to nominate candidates to fill vacancies for one Tribal Council seat, one Land Committee Seat and one School Board seat.
Chief Francis opened the meeting at 6:00 P.M. with a moment of silence for deceased members and all our relations.
APPROVAL OF THE CAUCUS RULES
Motion #1 Motion made by John Neptune, seconded by Lee Ann Francis to approve the Caucus rules as read. VOTE: UNANIMOUS MOTION CARRIES
NOMINATIONS FOR LAND COMMITTEE (1) SEAT
No nominations were made for Land Committee.
Motion #2 Motion made by Patrick Almenas, seconded by Tami Connolly to cease nomination for Land Committee. VOTE: UNANIMOUS MOTION CARRIES
NOMINATIONS FOR SCHOOL BOARD (1) SEAT
- Krystal Sapiel nominated David Sapiel, Jr, seconded by Tami Connolly
Motion #3 Motion made by Faye Lawson, seconded by Pat Knox-Nicola to cease nominations for School Board. VOTE: UNANIMOUS MOTION CARRIES
NOMINATIONS FOR TRIBAL COUNCIL (1) SEAT
- Tami Connolly nominated Patrick Almenas, seconded by Chris Francis
- Faye Lawson nominated Edwina Mitchell, seconded by Patricia Knox-Nicola
- Tricia Stewart nominated Lee Ann Francis, seconded by Faye Lawson
- Brittney Fields, nominated Jayden Love, seconded by Patrick Almenas
- Mary Vivian Fields nominated Mark Fields, seconded by Tami Connolly
- Mark Sockbeson nominated Christopher B. Francis, seconded by John Neptune
Motion #4 Motion made by John Neptune, seconded by Patrick Almenas to cease nominations for Tribal Council. VOTE: UNANIMOUS MOTION CARRIES
Motion #5 Motion made by Mark Sockbeson, seconded by Faye Lawson to adjourn at 6:15 PM. VOTE: UNANIMOUS MOTION CARRIES