Penobscot Nation Digital Navigators Needed!
The National Digital Equity Center is looking for residents of Penobscot Nation to join our team as Wabanaki Tribal Digital Navigators. A Digital Navigator is a trusted guide who assists residents in their communities with internet adoption and the use of computing devices.
- Are you committed to closing the “digital divide in the community in which you live?
- Are you someone that others – especially those in your community – go to for help in learning how to use their devices?
- Do you have the commitment and enthusiasm needed to help bring more NDEC Partner Onsite Classes to your community?
- Is helping low-income members of your community get affordable internet access something that you are passionate about too?
If you answer “Yes!” to these questions or “I’d like to find out more!”, becoming an NDEC Digital Navigator may be for you. Applicants for this position is based in the Penobscot Nation tribal community and must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must reside in the Penobscot Nation community.
- Must have a home-based office with high-speed internet access.
- Excellent communication skills, compassion, and patience.
- Comfortable with using and teaching others how to use Windows 10 and Android devices.
- Available for 10-20 hours a week during the hours of 8:30 am to 8 pm EST, Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
- Travel may be required as a part of this position (reliable vehicle is needed)
- Must have a valid Maine Driver’s License
- Must have auto liability insurance
- Willing to abide by the National Digital Equity Center’s Code of Conduct – https://digitalequitycenter.org/ndec-code-of-conduct/
These are hourly positions up to half-time. Please send a resume and a letter of inquiry to [email protected].
The National Digital Equity Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all othe