5 general season moose permits are available for 2022 and will be auctioned to the highest bidders
Your bid amount is for the moose permit only and includes the following:
- 5 consecutive day hunt
- Guide expenses are separate cost
- State hunting licenses are not required on Penobscot Nation land
- Deadline to bid: June 14, 2022, 4pm
- Drawing: Bids will be opened by June 17, 2022.
- Successful bidders will be contacted by certified mail.
Penobscot Indian Nation is the ideal location for a guided moose hunt in Maine
Penobscot Nation land encompasses over 130,000 acres of pristine and majestic Maine wilderness which are divided into 8 separate territories, and the Tribe has exclusive jurisdiction over the harvesting of wildlife within the boundaries of the trust lands. Click here for a map of Penobscot Nation lands.
Penobscot Indian Nations offers the peak time and opportunity to hunt for the best moose Maine has to offer
General season opens during the peak rut: September 19th – 23rd, 2022 or September 26th – September 30th, 2022.
Penobscot Indian Nation Moose Stats
1000+ pound moose are regularly harvested on Penobscot Indian Nation land including state record holders. Below is a list of a few moose stats gathered by our big game biologist over the past few years.
- Antler Spreads: 50+ spreads recorded every season
- Average Age of Harvested Moose: 3.5 years
- Herd size: 30,000 animals statewide
- Tribal success ratios: 97% overall
- State success ratios: 79% antlerless, 89% antler
Moose Lottery Winners
Congratulations to the 2022 Moose Lottery winners.
Louis Shaun Ogden